The purpose of distal end cutter is to cut the end of the wire once you inserted it in the brackets and the tubes or the molar bands. The cutter is supposed to cut the wire flushed it to. The distal end cutter holds the wire after it’s being cut so that the patient doesn’t accidentally swallow it.
Key features of Distal End Cutter
- Universal Cut and Hold Distal End Cutter
- Long handle design
- Total Length of Distal End Cutter is 13cm (5.1”)
- Both cutting edges are fitted with Tungsten Carbide Inserts
- Distal end cutter is designed to cut all types of wires ranging from .33mm (.012“) to .53 mm x .64 mm (.021″ x .025“)
- When it is used intraorally, it safely holds the cut portion to be discarded
- Comfort is enhanced by the smooth, tapered tip
- Handcrafted by the finest grade surgical stainless steel
- Corrosion resistance and completely sterilisable
The purpose of distal end cutter would be also to not allow you to damage the tubes, because if you accidentally crimp it then Ohio will not slide to it and then you will have to change your band over the tube. If you have a larger distal cutter and you can’t see really well back there you can accidentally crimp the tube and then you will change the shape of the tube and of course your larger wire like the 19/25 ball will not slide through it and then you have to change it. It’s very important to find the cutter that’s going to be able to accomplish the two things which is cut the wire, cut it flush to the tube as well as to hold the wire so it doesn’t fall into the patient’s mouth.
HARF INDUSTRIES dental & surgical instruments are manufactured with high grade surgical stainless steel. With consistent bends and second-to-none edge retention, these precision instruments allow you to work efficiently and effectively in providing quality care to your patients. Handcrafted with premium stainless steel, the long-lasting edges will retain its sharpness after multiple uses. Enjoy the benefits of ergonomic handle design to reduce fatigue and increase functionality.